Collectibles and eBay finds

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Collectibles and eBay finds

Post by Mr Random on 1/7/2013, 18:22

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Diego-Garcia-Royal-Overseas-Police-Officer-Challenge-Coin-/171067500761?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27d46ae8d9

Nothing I say should be listened to I'm full of shit and not the Messiah, in fact I'm a very naughty boy, nope wait I'm Spartacus, nope I'm Batman, nope I'm defiantly a naughty boy, however if I'm a cunt towards you the odds are it's cause I like you

I'm dyslexic and not up my own arse so if I pick you up on spelling then you've fucked up bigtime

I AM THE byLAW
Mr Random

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Random on 2/7/2013, 20:21

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Diplomatic-Security-WMD-Coin-/231009760146?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item35c9413392

they're a bit more reasonably priced now $25 starting bid

Nothing I say should be listened to I'm full of shit and not the Messiah, in fact I'm a very naughty boy, nope wait I'm Spartacus, nope I'm Batman, nope I'm defiantly a naughty boy, however if I'm a cunt towards you the odds are it's cause I like you

I'm dyslexic and not up my own arse so if I pick you up on spelling then you've fucked up bigtime

I AM THE byLAW
Mr Random

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Random on 2/7/2013, 23:17

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Protective-Services-Division-Washington-Field-Office-AFOSI-Challenge-Coin-/200939198345?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2ec8e8d789

I AM THE byLAW
Mr Random

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Collins on 3/7/2013, 19:49

Surrey Police RPU just did this one:

Feds

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Random on 3/7/2013, 19:54

@Steve Collins wrote:Surrey Police RPU just did this one:

Can't see it mate

I AM THE byLAW
Mr Random

Back to top Go down

Post by pmtts on 7/7/2013, 21:00

@Alan Marsh wrote:
@ukmedic1 wrote:I'm always looking out for the Medic coins - most are few and far between...
Why don't you get one made...  I could do that for you!

How much do you charge? If your cheaper than my supplier in China, I'd consider you!
pmtts

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Random on 7/7/2013, 23:18

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/police-badge-rare-or-collectable-/121139592023?pt=UK_Collectables_Badges_Patches_MJ&hash=item1c347b7b57

I AM THE byLAW
Mr Random

Back to top Go down

Post by Alan Marsh on 7/7/2013, 23:40

@pmtts wrote:
@Alan Marsh wrote:
@ukmedic1 wrote:I'm always looking out for the Medic coins - most are few and far between...

How much do you charge? If your cheaper than my supplier in China, I'd consider you!
I wouldn't compete with China on price for quantity, just on one/ten offs.
I use China too for quantity!

I made three uniquely personalised medals for the Royal Marines to give to three civvy staff who had assisted on organising the 2007 D-Day commemorations - China won't look at three off of anything.
Alan Marsh

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Random on 7/7/2013, 23:49

even China is bloody expensive or maybe I'm poorer then I thought

I AM THE byLAW
Mr Random

Back to top Go down

Post by pmtts on 7/7/2013, 23:52

@Alan Marsh wrote:
@pmtts wrote:
@Alan Marsh wrote:

I wouldn't compete with China on price for quantity, just on one/ten offs.
I use China too for quantity!

I made three uniquely personalised medals for the Royal Marines to give to three civvy staff who had assisted on organising the 2007 D-Day commemorations - China won't look at three off of anything.

I once got 5 sample coins out of them, depends how much business you put their way, they will give now and then.
pmtts

Back to top Go down

Post by pmtts on 7/7/2013, 23:55

@Mr Random wrote:http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/police-badge-rare-or-collectable-/121139592023?pt=UK_Collectables_Badges_Patches_MJ&hash=item1c347b7b57

Just asked about this from a serving officer up there, the reply :

' Think it may be real, a few years ago some PCSO's were brought over from the mainland. They were operating out of Colraine '
pmtts

Back to top Go down

Post by Alan Marsh on 8/7/2013, 00:32

3D printing is going to have an impact on the medal/coin business - it will allow for one offs without the postal delay to China... which is usually where I get called in at present.

Two weeks ago I got an order for 250 bespoke "medals" for a vintage vehicle rally which was being held on the Saturday - they placed the order on Wednesday afternoon and I was able to drop them off on my way home Friday night! I wouldn't normally do so many in house, but it was for the local Lions Club... and their profits go to local good causes.
Alan Marsh

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Random on 8/7/2013, 00:38

Can you do double sided challenge coins in small quantities?

I AM THE byLAW
Mr Random

Back to top Go down

Post by pmtts on 8/7/2013, 00:54

The coins I had 5 in number were not overprinted. They were imitation soft enamel with epoxy resin.

pmtts

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Random on 8/7/2013, 17:41

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/POLICE-TASER-PIN-BADGE-/390622783164?pt=UK_Collectables_Memorabila_RL&hash=item5af2eea6bc

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sussex-Police-SPECIAL-OPERATIONS-UNIT-pin-badge-BY-JEEVES-OF-LIVERPOOL-/261242252524?pt=UK_Collectables_Memorabila_RL&hash=item3cd3406cec

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ROYAL-ULSTER-CONSTABULARY-BELFAST-M-S-U-WHITE-SECTION-PIN-BADGE-/310701988483?pt=UK_Collectables_Memorabila_RL&hash=item4857481a83

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BELFAST-HARBOUR-POLICE-POLICING-BELFAST-CITY-AIRPORT-PIN-BADGE-/310701980082?pt=UK_Collectables_Memorabila_RL&hash=item485747f9b2

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RUC-POLICE-WATER-CANNON-MARK-1-FROM-1970S-Tie-Pin-Badge-/251300820383?pt=UK_Collectables_Memorabila_RL&hash=item3a82b2359f

I AM THE byLAW
Mr Random

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Random on 9/7/2013, 00:56

Not Ebay but PMPT maybe interested in this

http://www.badgespins.co.uk/search.php?act=search#1161

I AM THE byLAW
Mr Random

Back to top Go down

Post by pmtts on 12/7/2013, 09:41

There have been copies, but this is the original!!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/261242239795?ru=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fsch%2Fm.html%3Fitem%3D261244542450%26_from%3DR40%26_sacat%3D0%26_ssn%3Dthe-wind-of-change%26_nkw%3D261242239795%26_rdc%3D1
pmtts

Back to top Go down

Post by Stevie6544 on 12/7/2013, 19:55

Are these kosher?

PT 17 ARV

PT 17 Level 1 87-91
Stevie6544

Back to top Go down

Post by pmtts on 12/7/2013, 20:40

Yes they are mate
pmtts

Back to top Go down

Post by Stevie6544 on 12/7/2013, 20:54

Ta, P.

There's another similar for the 30-year anniversary, too.

Where's that Collins chappie....I say! You there, yes, you with the regional accent! Lawks a mighty, cor luv a duck and all that oiky blather...

(that shoulds start something....Laughing )
Stevie6544

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Random on 12/7/2013, 21:07

Jeeves Jewelers, the ARV one is legit but a bit of a cockup as PT17 never had ARVs, as Steve confirmed the day ARVs went live they change designation to SO19 

the Other is also legit, a fair few 19 bits have started to surface recently the hardest to find and I suggest if you see one snap it up is the Plaque, it's engraved metal with 3 SFOs in assault kit over t-shirt and jeans

I AM THE byLAW
Mr Random

Back to top Go down

Post by Stevie6544 on 12/7/2013, 22:03

Damn, there's me doing my best and the oiks don't rise to the bait....no fun Crying or Very sad 
Cheers MR, but I was waiting for the onslaught defence of Lundun Innit.
Stevie6544

Back to top Go down

Post by BossHogg on 12/7/2013, 22:18

I didn't understand you Stevie, I don't speak cockerknee, I'm a scouser. lol!
BossHogg
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Random on 12/7/2013, 23:11

not many in London speak cockney it's all brap brap me breadbin nowdays

I AM THE byLAW
Mr Random

Back to top Go down

Post by kermit 2482 on 13/7/2013, 11:40

I have a northern Ireland medal that needs a new ribbon as mines all frayed and a basic clean up as I would like to display it properly but would be ashamed to do that in its current condition, so if anyone can help me with this then I would appreciate it.
kermit 2482

http://www.clickon.us.com/manandvanservices

Back to top Go down

Post by Stevie6544 on 13/7/2013, 14:09

There are a few local ones to me but I think you would prefer to have someone local to yourself.
If there is a RBL branch near you, or any military establishment, they may know someone who does re-mounting. Failing that, I can ask around and get back to you if I can find one local to you. Give me a few days.
Stevie6544

Back to top Go down

Post by kermit 2482 on 13/7/2013, 15:15

@Stevie6544 wrote:There are a few local ones to me but I think you would prefer to have someone local to yourself.
If there is a RBL branch near you, or any military establishment, they may know someone who does re-mounting. Failing that, I can ask around and get back to you if I can find one local to you. Give me a few days.

Hi Stevie, that would be really good of you and would be much appreciated. Thanks
kermit 2482

Back to top Go down

Post by Stevie6544 on 13/7/2013, 15:23

No probs - I have a contact for you, he's providing details to me at some point and I will pass them onto you. He's kosher and clean and does a good service, all the things some look for in a bloke, LOL.Laughing
Stevie6544

Back to top Go down

Post by kermit 2482 on 13/7/2013, 15:26

That's great news, thanks, pity my ex didn't share your views lol
kermit 2482

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Collins on 13/7/2013, 16:25

Stevie. MR is totally correct about the PT17 ARV pin. As P states they are both legit I was Level II in 1990.

MR, Is that the "It's not the Critic That Counts" Plaque? I picked one up when I was last over there. What are they going for?

Feds

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Random on 13/7/2013, 16:29

never seen one for sale hence they'd go for a bit, even the mass produced plaques are £20 a throw so I'd guess £50 + for the one you mention, I still have the photo you sent if it's OK to post

I AM THE byLAW
Mr Random

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Collins on 13/7/2013, 17:54

Absolutely, it was drawn by the resident CO19 'Artist'.

Feds

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Random on 13/7/2013, 17:56

I AM THE byLAW
Mr Random

Back to top Go down

Post by Stevie6544 on 13/7/2013, 19:16

Cheers Steve - I was just slagging you two orf, innit guv.

I have this one, numbered, from the 'clients':

Stevie6544

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Collins on 13/7/2013, 21:30

Nice Pic mate PSNI? I am a good friend of Dick Kramer check out his site.

Feds

Back to top Go down

Post by Stevie6544 on 13/7/2013, 21:34

A few more of interest:

Cambs Firearm Unit

Merseyside TFU

Cambs TFU

Kent TFU

Only the top one has a bid on it, but they are closing soon.
Stevie6544

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Random on 13/7/2013, 21:37

I recently picked up the Merseyside scorpion, I think I'm reaching the end of whats out there

I AM THE byLAW
Mr Random

Back to top Go down

Post by Stevie6544 on 13/7/2013, 21:44

I know what you mean, at these prices they might make a good investment though pirat
Stevie6544

Back to top Go down

Post by Stevie6544 on 13/7/2013, 21:47

Steve - aye, done for the 20th or 25th anniversary I think. Cracking.
Stevie6544

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Random on 13/7/2013, 21:50

I'd love to see a print of the newer kit the guys are wearing now, SFOs in plate carrier, blast belts and carrying something like the 416c or something equally new

I AM THE byLAW
Mr Random

Back to top Go down

Post by Stevie6544 on 13/7/2013, 21:53

(significant silence) whistle 
Stevie6544

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Random on 13/7/2013, 21:59

there was a really nice print on ebay recently, she wanted £50 starting bid plus £20 post so £70 minimum, far to rich for me

I AM THE byLAW
Mr Random

Back to top Go down

Post by Stevie6544 on 13/7/2013, 22:25

£20 postage??????? Are they out of their bloody minds?

It is a nice print though.

Steve, Dick Kramer's work is great, some of it looks it was British police though - one called 'Gotcha', the guys are carrying the G36 (spit) which only a few forces bought and I don't think they were bought by US SWAT (very sensible decision)
Stevie6544

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Random on 13/7/2013, 22:34

US Capitol police CERT have/had them

I'll dig the blokes name out there is a very talented French artist who has had access to units like RAID,GIGN his work is awesome

I AM THE byLAW
Mr Random

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Random on 13/7/2013, 22:45

his name is David Andro but for some reason his site seems to be down

I AM THE byLAW
Mr Random

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Random on 13/7/2013, 23:03

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RUC-Police-MALE-FEMALE-OFFICERS-WITH-H-K-tie-tac-pin-badges-/261245798629?hash=item3cd37688e5

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/JOINT-PATROL-UDR-RUC-LAND-ROVERS-POLICE-ROYAL-ULSTER-CONST-PSNI-irish-pin-badge-/310689013033?pt=UK_Collectables_Memorabila_RL&hash=item4856821d29

I AM THE byLAW
Mr Random

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Collins on 14/7/2013, 15:55

MR, yes the kit does change. For the longest time the Reg had the 3 Pilgrims hanging in the Sgts Mess. They commissioned a new one which I was given a copy of. It's now 4 guys in Ballistic helmets with the vests that can carry shotgun shells.

Feds

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Random on 14/7/2013, 16:16

that's the current kit I think it'd look good as a print

I AM THE byLAW
Mr Random

Back to top Go down

Post by pmtts on 14/7/2013, 16:50

I could be wrong, But I'm sure I've seen the above photo connected to Alpha Troop before?

Last edited by pmtts on 14/7/2013, 16:59; edited 1 time in total
pmtts

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Random on 14/7/2013, 16:54

A member of the troop was late last year posting pics of him on exercise etc, think he got into trouble as he pulled them all after posting some photos from inside Hereford - nothing major just the crest on the gym floor etc but I suppose you don't go waving cameras about

I AM THE byLAW
Mr Random

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top