Stress headaches

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Stress headaches

Post by Mr Random on 12/6/2013, 03:57

for once I'm going to be serious, I've recently started getting really bad headaches which I think maybe stress related, I've been to my GP and he advises me to reduce stress, thanks for that Sherlock

but at the moment they're adding to my normal insomnia can anyone suggest a serious (non-filthy, helpful etc) method of getting me head sorted so I can sleep normally

Nothing I say should be listened to I'm full of shit and not the Messiah, in fact I'm a very naughty boy, nope wait I'm Spartacus, nope I'm Batman, nope I'm defiantly a naughty boy, however if I'm a cunt towards you the odds are it's cause I like you

I'm dyslexic and not up my own arse so if I pick you up on spelling then you've fucked up bigtime

I AM THE byLAW
Mr Random

Back to top Go down

Re: Stress headaches

Post by Strumpet on 12/6/2013, 04:02

Warm milk usually helps and the smell of lavender.....an hour before stop watching the TV or get of the PC and try and read for a while, have your hot milk then lay down and don't think about sleeping..

S
Strumpet

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Random on 12/6/2013, 04:07

Lavender might be worth a try, since I've not tried that before

Nothing I say should be listened to I'm full of shit and not the Messiah, in fact I'm a very naughty boy, nope wait I'm Spartacus, nope I'm Batman, nope I'm defiantly a naughty boy, however if I'm a cunt towards you the odds are it's cause I like you

I'm dyslexic and not up my own arse so if I pick you up on spelling then you've fucked up bigtime

I AM THE byLAW
Mr Random

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 12/6/2013, 04:34

I used to get severe stress headaches. They seemed to disappear when I got divorced... Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Collins on 12/6/2013, 14:55

Surely if the root cause of the headache is stress he should be prescribing you something to alieviate that such as Xanax??

Feds

Back to top Go down

Post by Girl*Next*Door on 12/6/2013, 15:14

I get them fairly regularly. Don't laugh, but I used to excruciating tension headaches when my ex was due back for leave or had rest days. They'd start the day before and get progressively worse over the next 24 hours during the day he was due back.

It used to feel like I was heavily frowning and they'd be blinding across my eyes.
I do still get them now on occasion and I find those ice patches help alleviate the tensing of my brow and they help soothe the actual headache.

I think they are called Kool 'n' Soothe. They're strips with blue gel on one side and they adhere to your skin (make sure skin is clean, dry and free of moisturisers etc) and can be cut to size. They are even more effective if popped in the fridge for five minutes before use. 

Once on, they'll provide relief for a good hour or two :-).

Link - http://www.kobayashihealthcare.co.uk/Kool-N-Soothe

For 'on the go' relief, this is quite effective too and provides similar, although slightly less effective, relief as the Kool 'n' Soothe strips :-).

4head stick migraine relief - http://www.4headaches.co.uk/

You have my sympathy. Tension headaches really are not that nice at all :-(.

Back to top Go down

Post by Str8lolly on 12/6/2013, 15:33

I suffer with that post traumatic stress disorder. Been to many quacks. Been given stress balls and CD's with 'mood' music. First thing you need to note is once you have it, its like a dog, for life. So learning to manage it and how to manage it is important. What works for me, wont necessary work for the next person as we are all different and manage it in our own way.

For me, it was finding a hobby I liked and could do in my spare time. In my case learning all I could about the Reliant motor company.

Then it was finding ways of sleeping through the night. Best way so far, is to wind down for an hour or so. Read a good book, listen to my favourite CD, Queens greatest hits. Well alright, so its the only CD I own. Glass of warm milk laced with a touch of Southern Comfort and sleepy eyes here we come. 

The Doctor did give me pills to take at night. But as they were not a cure and I found out they were valium and I hate drugs, the toilet became very happy for about a week.

However, I would advise keeping a check on these headaches. If you get problems with vision as well, it could be you need glasses or touch wood you dont, have a brain tumor.
Str8lolly

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Random on 12/6/2013, 16:36

@Steve Collins wrote:Surely if the root cause of the headache is stress he should be prescribing you something to alieviate that such as Xanax??
the problem is my GP is what known technically as f*cking useless 

in all seriousness he's suggested I reduce stress before anything else, considering I'm not 100% sure of the route cause I don't know how to reduce it

but thank you all for the suggestions it's given me a few things to try

I AM THE byLAW
Mr Random

Back to top Go down

Post by Trooper1854 on 13/6/2013, 05:11

@Mr Random wrote:

the problem is my GP is what known technically as f*cking useless 

in all seriousness he's suggested I reduce stress before anything else, considering I'm not 100% sure of the route cause I don't know how to reduce it

but thank you all for the suggestions it's given me a few things to try

The absolute best thing you can do is, change your GP!
If he is not giving you the support and assistance you need, then get one who does.
Try to find a smaller practice, not one of these huge ones where you never get to see the same Doctor twice.
Unfortunately stress is part of modern life, we get so much crap thrown our way, it is sadly, inevitable.
I found cutting out caffeine helped to ease my stress and learning to say "Bollocks! its not worth getting wound up about!"
But change Doctor, if they're not helping, they're no good!
Trooper1854

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 13/6/2013, 11:41

@Trooper1854 wrote:

The absolute best thing you can do is, change your GP!
If he is not giving you the support and assistance you need, then get one who does.

You get very little choice about your medical staff and medication when you've been sectioned... ShockedWink

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top