Dream Jobs

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Dream Jobs

Post by Mr Random on 7/7/2013, 16:22

Over the years I've had a couple, a bit of an eclectic mix of dream jobs

firstly I wanted to be a lawyer- did a term of a law degree and jacked it for criminology, for a time I seriously considered training to be a Behavioral Profiler (one of my lecturers did it)

also applied to the police a couple of times, worked as an environmental warden and enforcement officer

but recently spent some time emailing with a guy I know in the states who is involved in Marijuana Eradication (no not smoking it) gets to spend most of his working life out in the woods looking for illegal grow sites, planning operations to disrupt them etc

not his but a great little book on the subject http://www.amazon.co.uk/War-Woods-Combating-Marijuana-Americas/dp/1599219301

so what's your dream job (even if you've done it or are doing it)

Nothing I say should be listened to I'm full of shit and not the Messiah, in fact I'm a very naughty boy, nope wait I'm Spartacus, nope I'm Batman, nope I'm defiantly a naughty boy, however if I'm a cunt towards you the odds are it's cause I like you

I'm dyslexic and not up my own arse so if I pick you up on spelling then you've fucked up bigtime

I AM THE byLAW
Mr Random

Back to top Go down

Re: Dream Jobs

Post by Per Mare Per Terram on 7/7/2013, 16:30

Gynecologist (they said I was too creepy).

My dream job was to be a Royal Marines Commando Officer, and I did just that. It's all I ever wanted to do.

Back to top Go down

Post by Girl*Next*Door on 7/7/2013, 17:47

There are only two jobs I've ever wanted to do and for one circumstance or another, never quite managed it.

One was being a stable lass in a racing stables. Small enough and gutsy enough (or so I was told at the racing college) but the pay is absolutely dire and although I love horses, I couldn't see myself sticking that kind of work out in to old age. It's the kind of thing where once a family comes along, you choose family or the job.

The other is a police officer. I've been told I've got the right character and right attitude for it but for health reasons, it's not quite worked out.
I'd never say never to working in the control room but to be honest, I'd rather be on the frontline of it or not at all.

Happily my hobby has turned in to my own business so that's a good outcome. Can't complain :).

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Random on 7/7/2013, 17:51

I'm the same when it come to the police, various health issues but once sorted going to give it another go- even as a special for a couple of years too see if the reality matches the ideal

I'd also love to get involved in marine enforcement not the PMPT type but fisheries or customs

Nothing I say should be listened to I'm full of shit and not the Messiah, in fact I'm a very naughty boy, nope wait I'm Spartacus, nope I'm Batman, nope I'm defiantly a naughty boy, however if I'm a cunt towards you the odds are it's cause I like you

I'm dyslexic and not up my own arse so if I pick you up on spelling then you've fucked up bigtime

I AM THE byLAW
Mr Random

Back to top Go down

Post by BossHogg on 7/7/2013, 18:06

My dream job is the guy who trims the stray pubes protruding out of the skimpy costumes that The Saturdays wear before going on stage. Wink
BossHogg
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Random on 7/7/2013, 18:24

it only counts as a job if they pay you! that bloke is thousands in debt

I AM THE byLAW
Mr Random

Back to top Go down

Post by Stevie6544 on 7/7/2013, 18:37

Any job where they actually listen to your opinion, respect it and don't treat you like a cunt.

And pay you accordingly.

I had a job in the 'firm' once, it was great, but I was much younger and fitter then. The pay was shite but it was a worthwhile job.
Stevie6544

Back to top Go down

Post by Str8lolly on 7/7/2013, 19:46

My Father said to me when I was about to start working, do any job your happy doing, because that will be your dream job. So thats probably why I have only held three jobs in my life and until 7/7 had never had a day unemployed.

1. Engineering making not return valves for apollo space missions
2. Relief Area Manager for a tailors
3. Tube driver.

I did a bit of despatch riding in my spare time as a hobby.

Never did manage to get to be a bed tester though?
Str8lolly

Back to top Go down

Post by Per Mare Per Terram on 7/7/2013, 20:19

Boss Hogg wrote:My dream job is the guy who trims the stray pubes protruding out of the skimpy costumes that The Saturdays wear before going on stage. Wink

I'll bet their fanny's are as smooth as your slap head mate. Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by BossHogg on 7/7/2013, 22:06

They are now. Wink
BossHogg
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Alan Marsh on 8/7/2013, 00:17

When I was still at school, I wanted to breed rabbits.

Then I found out they could manage perfectly well on their own!
Alan Marsh

Back to top Go down

Post by Per Mare Per Terram on 8/7/2013, 00:20

lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by kermit 2482 on 13/7/2013, 16:17

I worked in Thailand for a couple of years as an owners rep for Lloyds of London, basicly a large dredging ship called the WD Fairway had been smacked in the side by a large container ship and had been sand banked for 2 years or so. Lloyds of London paid out for this ship on insurance and then decided to let contractors based at Sattahip Thai royal naval yard put this hip back to a seaworthy condition so as they could sell the ship on, anyway they needed British personell to oversee the works and send daily reports back to the London office, oh and an inventory was also required.

I could not believe my luck when I got this job it was just right place at the right time and I was based in Pattaya and picked up every day by a thai royal naval officer taken to work and bought back to my hotel every day by this officer, I only worked between 3 and 8 hours a day mon to fri and the hotel I stayed in had 3 swimming pools a gym and meals were included in the stay which was all paid for by LLoyds of London, on top of all that I had £40 per day subsistence pay to buy beer and anything else I needed, this was also on top of a shall we say extremely good salary.

I was down walking street most nights till silly o clock in the morning, watched all the shows and basicly had the time of my life for 2 years and weekends went to monkey island and the other islands in a speed boat, hence why I speak a little bit of thai.

When this contract ended I was gutted but then forfilled a lifetimes ambition to work at Dartmoor prison but shall we just say that turned out to be the worst job I had ever had and I hated it from day one so only spent a couple of years there, now I work for myself again and could not be happier and as the saying goes if you have a job you love you will never work a day in your life, be happy in your work folks as lifes too short not to be..
kermit 2482

http://www.clickon.us.com/manandvanservices

Back to top Go down

Post by Ice man on 13/7/2013, 20:04

I like my job, I was on my way to be a Rupert, but when the Cold War ended, I went to the universities (three) instead, I haven't regretted that at all. I am paid way more than a General. I am working with emergency management, mostly natural incidents (floods, wild fires, earthquakes, blizzards, ice storms, stupid people, and when a nasty pathogen emerge)

The only thing I regret at times is; I should have walked down the geology path and become a seismologist or a volcanologist
Ice man

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top