The Meaning of......Words

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Meaning of......Words

Post by Ice man on 13/7/2013, 17:31

As you know, I am residing in Canada. Here in Canada, the meaning of the word "Shag" is slightly different than the meaning of the same word in GB. Here it means; going to a dance, bridal showers, bachelor parties, and baby showers.

First time a faced this was when I woman asked me if I wanted to go to the shag with her. I said "What????" Then I realized, this is damn good country, no need to spend time and money on dinners, movies, and other crap. Here they are going directly to the important stuff.
Ice man

Back to top Go down

Re: The Meaning of......Words

Post by Stevie6544 on 13/7/2013, 19:23

Try saying that someone has 'gone outside for a fag' in the US....
Stevie6544

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Random on 13/7/2013, 19:26

I once read a book about  UK biker gang, they were being patched over by a much bigger US gang

part of this involved going to the parent chapter in the US, one lad from Bristol made the mistake of asking about FAGS thankfully the guy behind the bar knew what he meant and defused the situation before anyone got murdered

Nothing I say should be listened to I'm full of shit and not the Messiah, in fact I'm a very naughty boy, nope wait I'm Spartacus, nope I'm Batman, nope I'm defiantly a naughty boy, however if I'm a cunt towards you the odds are it's cause I like you

I'm dyslexic and not up my own arse so if I pick you up on spelling then you've fucked up bigtime

I AM THE byLAW
Mr Random

Back to top Go down

Post by Stevie6544 on 13/7/2013, 19:28

I can imagine the conversation:

"Looking for a packet of fags"

"Are you talking about us, limey bastard....?"

and then the fight started.
Stevie6544

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Random on 13/7/2013, 19:32

I think it went something like any Fags in the bar or are fags allowed in here something like that

he also fucked up with the US gang's number 1, made a big play of ignoring the Brits so matey walked up to him and blatantly asked where he could sell stolen travellers cheques did not go down well

Nothing I say should be listened to I'm full of shit and not the Messiah, in fact I'm a very naughty boy, nope wait I'm Spartacus, nope I'm Batman, nope I'm defiantly a naughty boy, however if I'm a cunt towards you the odds are it's cause I like you

I'm dyslexic and not up my own arse so if I pick you up on spelling then you've fucked up bigtime

I AM THE byLAW
Mr Random

Back to top Go down

Post by Ice man on 13/7/2013, 19:39

To ask for a rubber (eraser) in the US can be confusing for them. In the US that is a condom
Ice man

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Random on 13/7/2013, 19:40

apparently Durex is a brand of stick tape in Aus, then again they have coon cheese there

I AM THE byLAW
Mr Random

Back to top Go down

Post by Strumpet on 14/7/2013, 08:34

Thongs go on your feet, yes we do have Coon cheese, a Black Boy is a type of tree and Honkey nuts fall out of trees...you give your other half a good Root, a tinny is a small boat, a slab is 38 beers, Goon bag is a box of wine, we have drive through Grog shops (grog being drink), lollies are what you know as sweets, and what you know as a lolly is a sucker, we have an ice cream called a Golden Gaytime.

S
Strumpet

Back to top Go down

Post by Alan Marsh on 14/7/2013, 11:32

During my time working in hotels, I picked up a few words of American...

Windshield, Trunk, Hood, all relating to the vwehicles they arrived in, and Suspenders = Braces to hold your trousers up!!
Alan Marsh

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top