Boris bikes

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Boris bikes

Post by Str8lolly on 10/8/2013, 22:45

So you spend a lot of money hiring a Boris Bike. Then you use the tube?

(For train buffs, its Edgware road station on the Circle & Hammersmith lines. No5 in the stations for worst delays)
Str8lolly

Back to top Go down

Re: Boris bikes

Post by Ploddarnsarf on 10/8/2013, 23:15

He's probably nicking it!.

Feds

Back to top Go down

Post by Ploddarnsarf on 10/8/2013, 23:16

Spot the duck?.

Feds

Back to top Go down

Post by Per Mare Per Terram on 10/8/2013, 23:52

@Str8lolly wrote:So you spend a lot of money hiring a Boris Bike. Then you use the tube?

(For train buffs, its Edgware road station on the Circle & Hammersmith lines. No5 in the stations for worst delays)
Or he's collecting/returning the bike to the hire station within said location? Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Per Mare Per Terram on 10/8/2013, 23:53

@Ploddarnsarf wrote:Spot the duck?.
Yellow one? Yes.

Back to top Go down

Post by BossHogg on 11/8/2013, 00:07

me too.
BossHogg
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Per Mare Per Terram on 11/8/2013, 00:11

What do we win? Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by BossHogg on 11/8/2013, 00:17

A free reach round. lol!
BossHogg
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Per Mare Per Terram on 11/8/2013, 00:21

It's not really a prize when we've been giving other free reach arounds for years! lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by Girl*Next*Door on 11/8/2013, 00:25

I used to use that bloody line twice a day, every day for around a year. The amount of bloody times I was sat on a Circle line train, cooking in the heat or just plain hacked off, well I'd be considerably better off than I am if I had a pound for each time it happened! Come to think of it, I'd be considerably better off if I hadn't had to pay for the privilege! Laughing.

I can feel the bile rising in my throat at just the mention of it Evil or Very Mad Laughing.

Back to top Go down

Post by Str8lolly on 11/8/2013, 00:52

@Girl*Next*Door wrote:I used to use that bloody line twice a day, every day for around a year. The amount of bloody times I was sat on a Circle line train, cooking in the heat or just plain hacked off, well I'd be considerably better off than I am if I had a pound for each time it happened! Come to think of it, I'd be considerably better off if I hadn't had to pay for the privilege! Laughing.

I can feel the bile rising in my throat at just the mention of it Evil or Very Mad Laughing.
I drove the trains on that line for 35 years! If I had known you were using it, I would have kept the doors shut! The Circle line doesnt actually have any track or stations that it owns. It runs on other lines tracks and stops at other lines stations. So if theres a problem on another line, the Circle line was always held up until the other line sorted itself out. Theres no Circle line now though. Theres what is called a pan handle. They leave Hammersmith, get to edgware road and do one trip round the circle line then back to Hammersmith. In theory, on paper, it just about works. But with only 3 platforms at Hammersmith, any problems on other lines holds up the trains trying to get into and out of Hammersmith. Which is why Hammersmith is now the No1 station for delays and Edgware Road, No5 on the list. When the Metroploiton, District and Hammersmith & city all get the new stock, there wont be a circle line. Trains will run on all those lines to all destinations. That will confuse the drivers and passengers!
Str8lolly

Back to top Go down

Post by Ploddarnsarf on 11/8/2013, 09:46

@Girl*Next*Door wrote:I used to use that bloody line twice a day, every day for around a year. The amount of bloody times I was sat on a Circle line train, cooking in the heat or just plain hacked off, well I'd be considerably better off than I am if I had a pound for each time it happened! Come to think of it, I'd be considerably better off if I hadn't had to pay for the privilege! Laughing.

I used to do the Bakerloo and Victoria lines for free, and they were still boiling at 0630 the next day.
The smell of melting grease....errrrgh

Feds

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top